Saturday, August 7, 2010

We'll keep you in our arms forever

This afternoon I got to hold Jonovan for the first time since I had to hand him off to the anesthesiologist. I was a little scared because he was still connected to many tubes and machines and I just didn't want to tug on them the wrong way. Holding him and having him close to me again was probably one of the best feelings I have felt within the past few days. He took a really good, long nap while I held him and once he woke up the doctor decided that he was ready to get a few more tubes taken off. Now they removed his drainage tube, one of his pacer wires, and the iv that is in his arm. This all allowed him to move around a little easier. For the longest time after these were removed, he stayed in his crib very groggy but just wiggling and kicking those little feet around. I think part of what is hard about this for us is that we haven't got to see our lil guy smile, talk, crawl, stand, or even sit up like he usually does. We know that he is such a fighter though and within the next few days he'll be getting back to his same ol' adorable self!! Later on in the afternoon we were able to walk around with him and daddy got the chance to hold him for his first time since the surgery. Looking at those two standing there together makes me feel so blessed and lucky to have them both in my life.




Mommy's first time holding Jono after surgery



Daddy's first time holding Jonovan after surgery

No comments:

Post a Comment